MOM’s BeeSA (Bee Supported Agriculture) Program
MOM’s teamed up with Richland Honey Bees to offer customers a queen bee and nucleus hive, ready to order today! We’re excited to announce that we are partnering with this Virginia-based family of beekeepers from Catharpin. This partnership represents an effort to rebuild our pollinator communities as part of MOM’s Purpose to protect and restore the environment. Pollinators are being wiped out by the toxic pesticides applied to farms and lawns everywhere. It’s important to protect our pollinators and to raise awareness about how we can make a difference.
Here’s how it’ll work:
- All packages include one queen bee and one nucleus hive for $185.
- The last day to reserve your bees will be May 21st. Quantity is limited – first come, first served! Update: As of Tuesday, May 8th, we are SOLD OUT.
- The bees should be ready for pick up from 8 am – 10 am:
- May 26 at MOM’s Rockville
- May 27 at MOM’s Herndon
- June 2 at MOM’s Alexandria
- June 3 at MOM’s Hampden
- Beekeeping equipment such as bee suits, smokers, hives, etc., are also available at select MOM’s locations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Disclaimer: Bees are living insects. Breeding them is dependent on circumstances like weather that are out of our control. Please know that we have planned as best we can for dates. In the event that delivery dates will be changed, we will notify you as soon as possible. Additionally, MOM’s is not responsible for death or loss of the bees.
As of Tuesday, May 8th, we are sold out